Terms and Conditions
Updated and effective as of: February 2019
Welcome to Education Perks. Our web site (“Site”) lets you know how we can help you meet your educational goals. Please read the Terms and Conditions and User Agreement carefully, because by visiting or using this Site, you agree to be legally bound by and comply with its terms.
If you do not agree to comply with this User Agreement, you are not authorized to use the Site.
Please note that we may revise this User Agreement from time to time, so please check this Web page each time you visit the Site. If you continue to use the Site after we post the change, this means you have agreed to the new terms.
Ownership and Process:
Our Site matches the information that you supply to us to particular schools that partner with us to identify interested candidates. Additionally, your information may be supplied to those schools, other schools or multiple schools. Matching criteria may include the number of student seats that the partnering institution has indicated to us it wishes our assistance in filling, the school’s other partnership arrangements with us, or other criteria.
Forums and Public Communication:
For your convenience, we may offer discussion forums and blog opportunities (“Forums”) where you and other users can submit content for public viewing (“Forum Content”) to facilitate your socializing and networking with others interested in distance or online learning. You agree that all Forum Content is the sole responsibility of the individual or entity from whom such Forum Content originated. This means that you (and not our Site) are entirely responsible for all Forum Content that you submit via the Forum or elsewhere on the site. We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, integrity, or quality of Forum Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to Forum Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Forum Content, including any errors or omissions in any Forum Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Forum Content submitted via this site.
Registration and Account Security:
You represent and warrant that the registration information you provide to us is and will remain true and accurate. You are solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security regarding your use of the site of which you become aware.
Your Participation in the Forums:
You agree that you will not use a Forum or this site to submit or otherwise make available Forum Content that:
- Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, racially or otherwise hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harms minors;
- Impersonates any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Conflicts with any obligations you have under law including under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
- Infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade-secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- Constitutes or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- Constitutes or contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interferes with or disrupts the site, related services, or servers or networks connected thereto or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to this site or related services;
- Violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law or any regulations having the force of law;
- Is used to stalk or otherwise harass another.
Forum Content Posted to Forums:
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”):
You represent and warrant that the registration information you provide to us is and will remain true and accurate. You are solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security with regard to your use of the site of which you become aware.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or — if multiple works are covered by this Notice — you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing and provide a description of where the infringing work is located on the site.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- I hereby state that I have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., fair use).
- I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Finally, provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Access and Interference:
You will not use any robot, spider, crawling, scraping, or other automated device, process, or means to access this site. Nor will you use any manual process to monitor or copy the site or the content contained thereon for any unauthorized purpose without our prior written permission. You will not use any device, software, routine, or take any action that interferes with the proper working of the site.
Links, Frames, and Metatags:
You may link to the home page of the Site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. Please let us know if you link to the Site by contacting us at:
5739 Kanan Road, #121
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
You may not frame the content of the Site. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates our Trademarks or our name without our express written consent.
Claims of Infringement:
We respect the intellectual property of others and require that you do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Education Perks will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reported to its Designated Copyright Agent identified in the notice below. We will disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers. If you believe your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to us at:
Compliance Department, c/o Education Perks
5739 Kanan Road, #121
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
While we consider all such notices seriously, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that content or activity is infringing. Accordingly, if you are uncertain whether material infringes your copyrights (including whether use of copyrighted material may constitute fair use) you may wish to seek the advice of an attorney.
General Legal and Warranty Disclaimers:
YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, AND EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. EDDY.COM, ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, EDDY, ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, OR ITS SERVER ARE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN ADDITION, EDDY, ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE OR ON ANY CO-BRANDED SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT WILL EDUCATION PERKS OR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS THEREIN, WHETHER IN A CONTRACT ACTION OR BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL EDUCATION PERK’s TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, IN ACCESSING THIS SITE.
Contact Education Dynamics: